We all experience periods of sadness, depression, loneliness, worry, anxiety, relational conflict, internal stress.
Counseling is an agreed, trustworthy and secure relationship in which Clie5 learns to address freely what worries and upsets them, establishes a specific objective of action to gain important social skills, and builds bravery and self-confidence in the development of new actions.
- Respect: Counselors’ expertise lies in communicating to the client the belief that each person possesses an intrinsic strength and power, the right to choose his own alternative and to make his own decision.
- Authenticity: Counselor should have genuineness, honesty and simplicity and avoid feeling superior.
- Non-possessive warmth: a demonstration of concern, interest and value to others and a deep concern for the well-being of others.
- Non-judgmental attitude: avoid bias in the assumption or judgment of clients.
- Accurate client understanding: includes accurate assessment of the client ‘s cognitive and perceptual behavior (individual).
- Recognize the potential of the client: recognition of the strength and capabilities of the client.
- Confidentiality: to keep confidential any chat or interaction with the client, not to disclose the identity of the client, to establish trust.
Who need counseling :
- Counselling is for people who are wanting more joy in their lives.
- People who want more solid and/or intimate relationships.
- Who find it difficult to adjust with family, friends, study etc.
- Who want better sex lives.
- Who have behavioral problems such as drug addiction, aggressiveness, bullying, stealing, shyness, timidity etc.
- Who want to experience more peace of mind.
- Who decided to drop out from college .
- Counselling is for people who want greater self-awareness.
- Counselling is for people who are curious about knowing and understanding themselves in greater depth.
- Student who find it difficult to participate in the class and extracurricular activities.
- Counselling is for everyone.