Mental health is a state of balance between individual and the surrounding world, a state of harmony between oneself and others, coexistence between the realities of the self and other people and the environment.
Check if you are mentally healthy:
- A mentally healthy person has the ability to make adjustments.
- He/she has a sense of personal worth.
- He/ she solves problems largely by his own effort.
- He/ she can make own decisions.
- He/ she has a sense of personal security.
- And feels secure in a group.
- He/she can give or accept love.
- He/she lives in a world of reality rather than fantasy.
- He/ she may develop a philosophy of life that gives meaning and purpose to his/ her daily activities.
- He/ she may have a variety of interests.
- Lives a balanced life of work, rest, and recreation.
- He/she has a sense of responsibility.
Shows understanding of other people’s problems and motivations.