Antipsychotics are psychotropic drugs used to treat psychotic symptoms. They are also known as neuroleptics because they produce neurological side effects such as major tranquilizers (medicinal drugs used to reduce stress or anxiety), D2 receptor blockers, and anti-schizophrenic drugs.
- Diphenyl butyl
- Indolic derivatives
- Atypical antipsychotic
Examples of the drug which are basically common names are for example ( chlorpromazine, thioridazine, haloperidol, olanzapine)
Organic psychiatric disorder
- Delirium tremens
- Drug induced psychosis and other organic mental
- Schizoaffective disorder.
- Paranoid disorder.
- Major depression with psychotic
Symptoms Childhood disorder
- Attention -deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Conduct disorder
Neurotic and other psychiatric disorder
- Intractable Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Severe, intractable and disabling anxiety
- Huntington’s disorder
- Intractable Hiccough
- Nausea and vomiting
- Tickets disorder
- Pain in malignancy